Bay Window Treatment -- Curved Bottom Box Pleated Valance With Velcro Board Attachment Over Tied Back Drapery Panels, Embroidered Linen Fabric. (ordinary Bay Window Valance Treatments #8) Images Gallery
Baybay1 (bā),USA pronunciation n.
- a body of water forming an indentation of the shoreline, larger than a cove but smaller than a gulf.
- [South Atlantic States.]an arm of a swamp.
- a recess of land, partly surrounded by hills.
- an arm of a prairie or swamp, extending into woods and partly surrounded by them.
Windowwin•dow (win′dō),USA pronunciation n.
- an opening in the wall of a building, the side of a vehicle, etc., for the admission of air or light, or both, commonly fitted with a frame in which are set movable sashes containing panes of glass.
- such an opening with the frame, sashes, and panes of glass, or any other device, by which it is closed.
- the frame, sashes, and panes of glass, or the like, intended to fit such an opening: Finally the builders put in the windows.
- a windowpane.
- anything likened to a window in appearance or function, as a transparent section in an envelope, displaying the address.
- a period of time regarded as highly favorable for initiating or completing something: Investors have a window of perhaps six months before interest rates rise.
- chaff1 (def. 5).
- [Pharm.]the drug dosage range that results in a therapeutic effect, a lower dose being insufficient and a higher dose being toxic.
- See launch window.
- a specific area at the outer limits of the earth's atmosphere through which a spacecraft must reenter to arrive safely at its planned destination.
- a section of a display screen that can be created for viewing information from another part of a file or from another file: The split screen feature enables a user to create two or more windows.
- to furnish with a window or windows.
- [Obs.]to display or put in a window.
Curvedcurve (kûrv),USA pronunciation n., v., curved, curv•ing, adj.
- a continuously bending line, without angles.
- the act or extent of curving.
- any curved outline, form, thing, or part.
- a curved section of a road, path, hallway, etc.
- a curved section of track: in the U.S. the curve is often expressed as the central angle, measured in degrees, of a curved section of track subtended by a chord 100 ft. (30 m) long(degree of curve).
- Also called curve′ ball′. [Baseball.]
- a pitch delivered with a spin that causes the ball to veer from a normal straight path, away from the side from which it was thrown.
- the course of such a pitched ball.
- a graphic representation of the variations effected in something by the influence of changing conditions; graph.
- a collection of points whose coordinates are continuous functions of a single independent variable.
- a misleading or deceptive trick;
- a grading system based on the scale of performance of a group, so that those performing better, regardless of their actual knowledge of the subject, receive high grades: The new English professor marks on a curve.Cf. absolute (def. 10).
- a curved guide used in drafting.
- ahead of (or behind ) the curve, at the forefront of (or lagging behind) recent developments, trends, etc.
- throw (someone) a curve:
- to take (someone) by surprise, esp. in a negative way.
- to mislead or deceive.
- to bend in a curve;
cause to take the course of a curve.
- to grade on a curve.
- [Baseball.]to pitch a curve to.
- to bend in a curve;
take the course of a curve.
Bottombot•tom (bot′əm),USA pronunciation n.
- the lowest or deepest part of anything, as distinguished from the top: the bottom of a hill; the bottom of a page.
- the under or lower side;
underside: the bottom of a typewriter.
- the ground under any body of water: the bottom of the sea.
- Usually, bottoms. Also called bottom land. [Phys. Geog.]low alluvial land next to a river.
- the part of a hull between the bilges, including the keel.
- the part of a hull that is immersed at all times.
- the cargo space in a vessel.
- a cargo vessel.
- the seat of a chair.
- [Informal.]the buttocks;
- the fundamental part;
- bottoms, (used with a pl. v.) the trousers of a pair of pajamas.
- the working part of a plow, comprising the plowshare, landside, and moldboard.
- the cause;
basis: Try getting to the bottom of the problem.
- the second half of an inning.
- the last three players in the batting order.
- lowest limit, esp. of dignity, status, or rank: When people sink that low, they're bound to reach the bottom soon.
- Usually, bottoms. the heaviest, least volatile fraction of petroleum, left behind in distillation after more volatile fractions are driven off.
- at bottom, in reality;
fundamentally: They knew at bottom that they were only deceiving themselves.Also, at the bottom.
- bottoms up, (used interjectionally to urge the downing of one's drink).
- to furnish with a bottom.
- to base or found (usually fol. by on or upon).
- to discover the full meaning of (something);
- to bring (a submarine) to rest on the ocean floor: They had to bottom the sub until the enemy cruisers had passed by.
- to be based;
- to strike against the bottom or end;
reach the bottom.
- (of an automotive vehicle) to sink vertically, as when bouncing after passing over a bump, so that the suspension reaches the lower limit of its motion: The car bottomed too easily on the bumpy road.
- bottom out, to reach the lowest state or level: The declining securities market finally bottomed out and began to rise.
- of or pertaining to the bottom or a bottom.
- located on or at the bottom: I want the bottom book in the stack.
- lowest: bottom prices.
- living near or on the bottom: A flounder is a bottom fish.
- fundamental: the bottom cause.
- bet one's bottom dollar:
- to wager the last of one's money or resources.
- to be positive or assured: You can bet your bottom dollar that something will prevent us from leaving on time.
Boxbox1 (boks),USA pronunciation n.
- a container, case, or receptacle, usually rectangular, of wood, metal, cardboard, etc., and often with a lid or removable cover.
- the quantity contained in a box: She bought a box of candy as a gift.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a gift or present: a Christmas box.
- See post-office box.
- a compartment or section in a public place, shut or railed off for the accommodation of a small number of people, esp. in a theater, opera house, sports stadium, etc.
- a small enclosure or area in a courtroom, for witnesses or the jury.
- a small shelter: a sentry's box.
- a small house, cabin, or cottage, as for use while hunting: a shooting box.
- a telephone booth.
- a wardrobe trunk.
- See box stall.
- the driver's seat on a coach.
- the section of a wagon in which passengers or parcels are carried.
- the section of a truck in which cargo is carried.
- the box, [Informal.]television: Are there any good shows on the box tonight?
- part of a page of a newspaper or periodical set off in some manner, as by lines, a border, or white space.
- any enclosing, protective case or housing, sometimes including its contents: a gear box; a fire-alarm box.
- either of two marked spaces, one on each side of the plate, in which the batter stands.
- either of two marked spaces, one outside of first base and the other outside of third, where the coaches stand.
- the pitcher's mound.
- the marked space where the catcher stands.
- a difficult situation;
- [Agric.]a bowl or pit cut in the side of a tree for collecting sap.
- [Jazz Slang.]
- a stringed instrument, as a guitar.
- a piano.
- a phonograph.
- a boom box.
- a computer.
- a coffin.
- the vulva or vagina.
- basket (def. 9).
- out of the box, [Australian Slang.]remarkable or exceptional;
- to put into a box: She boxed the glassware before the movers came.
- to enclose or confine as in a box (often fol. by in or up).
- to furnish with a box.
- to form into a box or the shape of a box.
- to block so as to keep from passing or achieving better position (often fol. by in): The Ferrari was boxed in by two other cars on the tenth lap.
- to group together for consideration as one unit: to box bills in the legislature.
- [Building Trades.]to enclose or conceal (a building or structure) as with boarding.
- [Agric.]to make a hole or cut in (a tree) for sap to collect.
- to mix (paint, varnish, or the like) by pouring from one container to another and back again.
- to mix groups of sheep that should be kept separated.
- to confuse someone or something.
- box out, [Basketball.]to position oneself between an opposing player and the basket to hinder the opposing player from rebounding or tipping in a shot;
Valanceval•ance (val′əns, vā′ləns),USA pronunciation n.
- a short curtain or piece of drapery that is hung from the edge of a canopy, from the frame of a bed, etc.
- a short ornamental piece of drapery placed across the top of a window.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Boardboard (bôrd, bōrd),USA pronunciation n.
- a piece of wood sawed thin, and of considerable length and breadth compared with the thickness.
- a flat slab of wood or other material for some specific purpose: a cutting board.
- a sheet of wood, cardboard, paper, etc., with or without markings, for some special use, as a checkerboard or chessboard.
- [Theat.]the stage: The play will go on the boards next week.
- the wooden fence surrounding the playing area of an ice-hockey rink.
- a racing course made of wood, used esp. in track meets held indoors: his first time running on boards.
- [Bookbinding.]stiff cardboard or other material covered with paper, cloth, or the like to form the covers for a book.
- [Building Trades.]composition material made in large sheets, as plasterboard or corkboard.
- a table, esp. to serve food on.
- daily meals, esp. as provided for pay: twenty dollars a day for room and board.
- an official group of persons who direct or supervise some activity: a board of directors.
- the side of a ship.
- one leg, or tack, of the course of a ship beating to windward.
- [Railroads.]a fixed signal or permanent sign regulating traffic.
- a flat surface, as a wall or an object of rectangular shape, on which something is posted, as notices or stock-market quotations: a bulletin board.
- Also called card, circuit board. a piece of fiberglass or other material upon which chips can be mounted to perform specific functions.
- plugboard (def. 2).
- See circuit board (def. 2).
- a switchboard.
- the area of a woolshed where shearing is done.
- a crew of shearers working in a particular woolshed.
- sheep about to be sheared.
- [Obs.]the edge, border, or side of anything.
- across the board:
- [Racing.]betting on a horse or dog to finish first, second, or third, so that any result where a selection wins, places, or shows enables the bettor to collect.
- applying to or affecting every person, class, group, etc.
- go by the board:
- to go over the ship's side.
- to be destroyed, neglected, or forgotten: All his devoted labor went by the board.
- on board:
- on or in a ship, plane, or other vehicle: There were several movie stars on board traveling incognito.
- [Baseball.]on base: There were two men on board as the next batter came up.
- present and functioning as a member of a team or organization. Also, aboard.
- on the boards, in the theatrical profession: The family has been on the boards since grandfather's time.
- tread the boards. See tread (def. 11).
- to cover or close with boards (often fol. by up or over): to board up a house; to board over a well.
- to furnish with meals, or with meals and lodging, esp. for pay: They boarded him for $50 a week.
- to go on board of or enter (a ship, train, etc.).
- to allow on board: We will be boarding passengers in approximately ten minutes.
- to come up alongside (a ship), as to attack or to go on board: The pirate ship boarded the clipper.
- [Obs.]to approach;
- to take one's meals, or be supplied with food and lodging at a fixed price: Several of us board at the same rooming house.
- [Ice Hockey.]to hit an opposing player with a board check.
Overo•ver (ō′vər),USA pronunciation prep.
- above in place or position: the roof over one's head.
- above and to the other side of: to leap over a wall.
- above in authority, rank, power, etc., so as to govern, control, or have jurisdiction regarding: There is no one over her in the department now.
- so as to rest on or cover;
on or upon: Throw a sheet over the bed.
- on or upon, so as to cause an apparent change in one's mood, attitude, etc.: I can't imagine what has come over her.
- on or on top of: to hit someone over the head.
- here and there on or in;
about: at various places over the country.
- through all parts of;
all through: to roam over the estate; to show someone over the house.
- to and fro on or in;
throughout: to travel all over Europe.
- from one side to the other of;
to the other side of;
across: to go over a bridge.
- on the other side of;
across: lands over the sea.
- reaching higher than, so as to submerge: The water is over his shoulders.
- in excess of;
more than: over a mile; not over five dollars.
- above in degree, quantity, etc.: a big improvement over last year's turnout.
- in preference to: chosen over another applicant.
- throughout the length of: The message was sent over a great distance.
- until after the end of: to adjourn over the holidays.
- throughout the duration of: over a long period of years.
- in reference to, concerning, or about: to quarrel over a matter.
- while engaged in or occupied with: to fall asleep over one's work.
by means of: He told me over the phone. I heard it over the radio.
- over and above, in addition to;
besides: a profit over and above what they had anticipated.
- over the hill. See hill (def. 8).
- beyond the top or upper surface or edge of something: a roof that hangs over.
- so as to cover the surface, or affect the whole surface: The furniture was covered over with dust.
- through a region, area, etc.: He was known the world over.
- at some distance, as in a direction indicated: They live over by the hill.
- from side to side;
to the other side: to sail over.
- across an intervening space: Toss the ball over, will you?
- across or beyond the edge or rim: The soup boiled over. The bathtub ran over.
- from beginning to end;
throughout: to read a paper over; Think it over.
- from one person, party, etc., to another: Hand the money over. He made the property over to his brother.
- on the other side, as of a sea, a river, or any space: over in Japan.
- so as to displace from an upright position: to knock over a glass of milk.
- so as to put in the reversed position: She turned the bottle over. The dog rolled over.
- once more;
again: Do the work over.
- in repetition or succession: twenty times over.
- in excess or addition: to pay the full sum and something over.
- in excess of or beyond a certain amount: Five goes into seven once, with two over.
- throughout or beyond a period of time: to stay over till Monday.
- to one's residence, office, or the like: Why don't you come over for lunch?
- so as to reach a place across an intervening space, body of water, etc.: Her ancestors came over on theMayflower
- all over:
- over the entire surface of;
everywhere: material printed all over with a floral design.
- finished: The war was all over and the soldiers came home.
- all over with, ended;
finished: It seemed miraculous that the feud was all over with.
- over again, in repetition;
once more: The director had the choir sing one passage over again.
- over against. See against (def. 12).
- over and over, several times;
repeatedly: They played the same record over and over.
- over there, [Informal.](in the U.S. during and after World War I) in or to Europe: Many of the boys who went over there never came back.
- over with, finished or done: Let's get this thing over with, so that we don't have to worry about it any more.
- higher in authority, station, etc.
- serving, or intended to serve, as an outer covering;
- remaining or additional, surplus;
- too great;
excessive (usually used in combination): Insufficient tact and overaggressiveness are two of his problems.
past: when the war was over.
- an amount in excess or addition;
- a shot that strikes or bursts beyond the target.
- the number of balls, usually six, delivered between successive changes of bowlers.
- the part of the game played between such changes.
- to go or get over;
- [Southern U.S.]to recover from.
- (used in radio communications to signify that the sender has temporarily finished transmitting and is awaiting a reply or acknowledgment.) Cf. out (def. 61).
Backback1 (bak),USA pronunciation n.
- the rear part of the human body, extending from the neck to the lower end of the spine.
- the part of the body of animals corresponding to the human back.
- the rear portion of any part of the body: the back of the head.
- the whole body, with reference to clothing: the clothes on his back.
- ability for labor;
endurance: He put his back into the task.
- the part opposite to or farthest from the front;
the rear part: the back of a hall.
- the part that forms the rear of any object or structure: the back of a chair.
- the part that covers the back: the back of a jacket.
- the spine or backbone: The fall broke his back.
- any rear part of an object serving to support, protect, etc.: the back of a binder.
- the forward side of a propeller blade (opposed to face).
- [Aeron.]the top part or upper surface of an aircraft, esp. of its fuselage.
- [Bookbinding.]the edge of a book formed where its sections are bound together.
- the backs, grounds along the River Cam in back of certain colleges at Cambridge University in England: noted for their great beauty.
- the upper side of a joist, rafter, handrail, etc.
- the area of interior wall between a window stool and the floor.
- the roof of a stope or drift.
- a player whose regular position is behind that of players who make initial contact with the opposing team, as behind the forward line in football or nearest the player's own goal in polo.
- the position occupied by this player.
- be flat on one's back:
- to be helpless or beaten: He's flat on his back after a long succession of failures.
- to be confined to one's bed because of illness.
- behind one's back, in one's absence;
without one's knowledge;
secretly: I'd rather talk to him about it directly than discuss it behind his back.
- break someone's back, to cause a person to fail, esp. to cause to become bankrupt: His family's extravagance is breaking his back.
- break the back of:
- to complete the principal or hardest part of (a project, one's work, etc.): He finally broke the back of the problem.
- to overcome;
defeat: They broke the back of our union.
- get off one's back, [Informal.]to cease to find fault with or to disturb someone: The fight started when they wouldn't get off my back.
- get one's back up, to become annoyed;
take offense: She gets her back up whenever someone mentions her family's influence.
- have one's back to the wall, to be in a difficult or hopeless situation.
- in back of, behind: He hid in back of the billboard. What could be in back of his strange behavior?Also, back of.
- on one's back, finding fault with or disturbing someone: The boss is always on my back about promptness.
- pat on the back. See pat 1 (defs. 6, 10).
- stab in the back. See stab (def. 13).
- turn one's back on:
- to forsake or neglect: He was unable to turn his back on any suffering creature.
- to leave behind, as in anger.
- to support, as with authority, influence, help, or money (often fol. by up): to back a candidate; to back up a theory with facts.
- to bet on: to back a horse in the race.
- to cause to move backward (often fol. by up): to back a car.
- to furnish with a back: to back a book.
- to lie at the back of;
form a back or background for: a beach backed by hills.
- to provide with an accompaniment: a singer backed by piano and bass.
- to get upon the back of;
- to write or print on the back of;
- [Carpentry.]to attach strips of wood to the upper edge of (a joist or rafter) to bring it to a desired level.
- to alter the position of (a sail) so that the wind will strike the forward face.
- to brace (yards) in backing a sail.
- to reinforce the hold of (an anchor) by means of a smaller one attached to it and dropped farther away.
- to go or move backward (often fol. by up).
- (of wind) to change direction counterclockwise (opposed to veer).
- back and fill:
- [Naut.]to trim the sails of a boat so that the wind strikes them first on the forward and then on the after side.
- to change one's opinion or position;
- back and forth, [South Midland U.S.]
- to go back and forth, as in running errands or visiting: He spent the day backing and forthing to the post office.
- to work in an aimless or ineffective way;
expend effort with little result.
- back away, to retreat;
withdraw: They gradually began to back away from their earlier opinion.
- back down, to abandon an argument, opinion, or claim;
retreat: He backed down as soon as a member of the audience challenged his assertion.
- back off:
- to back down: Now that the time for action had arrived, it was too late to back off.
- to reverse (the spindle) in mule spinning prior to winding on the newly spun length of yarn.
- back out or out of, to fail to keep an engagement or promise;
abandon: Two entrants have backed out of competing in the marathon. You can't back out now.
- back up:
- to bring (a stream of traffic) to a standstill: A stalled car backed up traffic for miles.
- [Printing.]to print a sheet again on its other side.
- [Printing.]to fill in (the thin copper shell of an electrotype) with metal in order to strengthen it.
- to move backward: Back up into the garage.
- to reinforce: We backed up the cardboard with slats so it wouldn't fall down.
- to support or confirm: He backed up my story and they let us go.
- to duplicate (a file or a program) as a precaution against failure.
- back up for, [Australian Informal.]to return for more of, as another helping of food.
- back water:
- [Naut.]to reverse the direction of a vessel.
- to retreat from a position;
withdraw an opinion: I predict that the council will back water on the tax issue.
- situated at or in the rear: at the back door; back fence.
- far away or removed from the front or main area, position, or rank;
remote: back settlements.
- belonging to the past: back files; back issues.
- in arrears;
overdue: back pay.
- coming or going back;
moving backward: back current.
- [Navig.]reciprocal (def. 7).
- (of a speech sound) produced with the tongue articulating in the back part of the mouth, as in either of the sounds of go.
Draperydrap•er•y (drā′pə rē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -er•ies.
- coverings, hangings, clothing, etc., of fabric, esp. as arranged in loose, graceful folds.
- Often, draperies. long curtains, usually of heavy fabric and often designed to open and close across a window.
- the draping or arranging of hangings, clothing, etc., in graceful folds.
- [Art.]hangings, clothing, etc., as represented in sculpture or painting.
- cloths or textile fabrics collectively.
- See dry goods.
- the stock, shop, or business of a draper.
Embroideredem•broi•der (em broi′dər),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to decorate with ornamental needlework.
- to produce or form in needlework.
- to adorn or embellish rhetorically, esp. with ornate language or fictitious details: He embroidered the account of the shipwreck to hold his listeners' interest.
- to do embroidery.
- to add embellishments;
exaggerate (often fol. by on or upon).
Linenlin•en (lin′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- fabric woven from flax yarns.
- Often, linens. bedding, tablecloths, shirts, etc., made of linen cloth or a more common substitute, as cotton.
- yarn made of flax fiber.
- thread made of flax yarns.
- wash one's dirty linen in public, to discuss in public one's private scandals, disagreements, or difficulties.
- made of linen: a linen jacket.
Howdy , this blog post is about Bay Window Treatment -- Curved Bottom Box Pleated Valance With Velcro Board Attachment Over Tied Back Drapery Panels, Embroidered Linen Fabric. (ordinary Bay Window Valance Treatments #8). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 405 x 540. This blog post's file size is only 39 KB. Wether You want to save This attachment to Your PC, you can Click here. You also too download more pictures by clicking the photo below or see more at this article: Bay Window Valance Treatments.
Before talking about Bay Window Valance Treatments, we'd want to discuss some tips on timber floor colors. Black and dim shades are a preferred option for artists' studios, modern rooms and elegant. Polluted should you choose a classic search pure wood or traditional brown colour which will be ideal. Color degree and vibrant (different shades-of red: walnut and ash Jatoba or stained inside the same colour) that's perfect for professional rooms, practices along with other substantial rooms where the ground becomes a central part of the design.
There isn't any greater solution to ascertain the color of the ground rather than taking a look at the trial place in natural light whilst the Bay Window Treatment -- Curved Bottom Box Pleated Valance With Velcro Board Attachment Over Tied Back Drapery Panels, Embroidered Linen Fabric. (ordinary Bay Window Valance Treatments #8) photographs and digital area planner can give a broad concept of exactly what the ultimate result could be.
Warm gold, brown and red timber sounds will make your place cozy. White and dreary floor is likely to make your bedroom spacious. If the power to cover scratches and a tiny dent really are a must select natural colored wood floor in matt end. Do not forget that the hues must enhance comparison and each other. A floor can not have similar shades as walls and furniture.