Walkwalk (wôk),USA pronunciation v.i.
- to advance or travel on foot at a moderate speed or pace;
proceed by steps;
move by advancing the feet alternately so that there is always one foot on the ground in bipedal locomotion and two or more feet on the ground in quadrupedal locomotion.
- to move about or travel on foot for exercise or pleasure: We can walk in the park after lunch.
- (of things) to move in a manner suggestive of walking, as through repeated vibrations or the effect of alternate expansion and contraction: He typed so hard that the lamp walked right off the desk.
- [Baseball.]to receive a base on balls.
- to go on strike;
stage a walkout: The miners will walk unless they get a pay raise.
- to be acquitted or to be released or fined rather than sentenced to jail: If the prosecutor doesn't present his case well, the murderer may walk.
- to go about on the earth, or appear to living persons, as a ghost: to believe that spirits walk at night.
- (of a tool, pointer, or pen of a recording device, etc.) to glide, slip, or move from a straight course, fixed position, or the like: A regular drill bit may walk on a plastic surface when you first try to make a hole. When the earthquake started, the pen on the seismograph walked all over the paper.
- to conduct oneself in a particular manner;
pursue a particular course of life: to walk humbly with thy God.
- [Basketball.](of a player in possession of the ball) to take more than two steps without dribbling or passing the ball.
- [Obs.]to be in motion or action.
- to proceed through, over, or upon at a moderate pace on foot: walking London streets by night; walking the floor all night.
- to cause to walk;
lead, drive, or ride at a walk, as an animal: We walked our horses the last quarter of a mile.
- to force or help to walk, as a person: They were walking him around the room soon after his operation.
- to conduct or accompany on a walk: He walked them about the park.
- to move (a box, trunk, or other object) in a manner suggestive of walking, as by a rocking motion.
- [Baseball.](of a pitcher) to give a base on balls to (a batter).
- to spend or pass (time) in walking (often fol. by away): We walked the morning away along the beach.
- to cause or accomplish by walking: We saw them walking guard over the chain gang.
- to examine, measure, etc., by traversing on foot: to walk a track; to walk the boundaries of the property.
- [Basketball.]to advance (the ball) by taking more than two steps without dribbling or passing.
- [Informal.]to send (a person who has a reservation at a hotel) to another hotel because of overbooking: It's exasperating to find yourself walked when you arrive at a hotel late in the evening.
- walk off, to get rid of by walking: to walk off a headache.
- walk off with:
- to remove illegally;
- to win or attain, as in a competition: to walk off with the first prize for flower arrangements.
- to surpass one's competitors;
win easily: to walk off with the fight.
- walk out:
- to go on strike.
- to leave in protest: to walk out of a committee meeting.
- walk out on, to leave unceremoniously;
forsake: to walk out on one's family.
- walk out with, to court or be courted by: Cook is walking out with the chauffeur.
- walk (someone) through, to guide or instruct carefully one step at a time: The teacher will walk the class through the entire testing procedure before the real test begins.
- walk Spanish:
- to be forced by another to walk on tiptoe.
- to walk cautiously.
- to be discharged or dismissed.
- to discharge or dismiss (someone).
- walk the plank. See plank (def. 5).
- walk through, [Theat., Television.]
- to release (a play) by combining a reading aloud of the lines with the designated physical movements.
- [Informal.]to perform (a role, play, etc.) in a perfunctory manner.
- to make little or no effort in performing one's role: He didn't like the script and walked through his part.
- walk up, (of a hunter) to flush (game) by approaching noisily on foot and often with hunting dogs.
- an act or instance of walking or going on foot.
- a period of walking for exercise or pleasure: to go for a walk.
- a distance walked or to be walked, often in terms of the time required: not more than ten minutes' walk from town.
- the gait or pace of a person or an animal that walks.
- a characteristic or individual manner of walking: It was impossible to mistake her walk.
- a department or branch of activity, or a particular line of work: They found every walk of life closed against them.
- [Baseball.]See base on balls.
- a path or way for pedestrians at the side of a street or road;
- a place prepared or set apart for walking.
- a path in a garden or the like.
- a passage between rows of trees.
- an enclosed yard, pen, or the like where domestic animals are fed and left to exercise.
- the walk. See race walking.
- a sheepwalk.
- a ropewalk.
- (in the West Indies) a plantation of trees, esp. coffee trees.
- a group, company, or congregation, esp. of snipes.
- the route of a street vendor, tradesman, or the like.
- the district or area in which such a route is located.
- a tract of forest land under the charge of one forester or keeper.
- [Archaic.]manner of behavior;
course of life.
- [Obs.]a haunt or resort.
- take a walk, to leave, esp. abruptly and without any intention or prospect of returning (often used imperatively to indicate dismissal): If he doesn't get his way, he takes a walk. I don't need your advice, so take a walk.
Batterybat•ter•y (bat′ə rē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ter•ies.
- Also called galvanic battery, voltaic battery. a combination of two or more cells electrically connected to work together to produce electric energy.
- cell (def. 7a).
- any large group or series of related things: a battery of questions.
- two or more pieces of artillery used for combined action.
- a tactical unit of artillery, usually consisting of six guns together with the artillerymen, equipment, etc., required to operate them.
- a parapet or fortification equipped with artillery.
- a group or series of similar articles, machines, parts, etc.
- [Baseball.]the pitcher and catcher considered as a unit.
- (on a warship) a group of guns having the same caliber or used for the same purpose.
- the whole armament of a warship.
- a series of tests yielding a single total score, used for measuring aptitude, intelligence, personality, etc.
- the act of beating or battering.
- an unlawful attack upon another person by beating or wounding, or by touching in an offensive manner.
- an instrument used in battering.
- Also, batterie. the instruments comprising the percussion section of an orchestra.
- any imposing group of persons or things acting or directed in unison: a battery of experts.
Hi peoples, this photo is about Walk Behind Battery Scrubber . ( Floor Cleaning Equipment Hire #2). This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 680 x 510. This photo's file size is just 24 KB. If You decided to save This picture to Your PC, you should Click here. You could also download more attachments by clicking the following photo or read more at here: Floor Cleaning Equipment Hire.
The features of this sort are genuine and organic. Color correction can be carried out via a process of varnish. However, this type of wood floor price supply somewhat large since it is constructed of wood parts that are solid. The installment requires a longtime cause chemical odors from concluding.
This type of material isn't resistant to humidity. This kind of wood is actually a clone of the initial wooden floors where the upper level resembles wood design produced from a form of plastic. As it is made of plastic material in order greater damage on resistance. But if you crave a cozy setting with pure motifs produced from the original Walk Behind Battery Scrubber . ( Floor Cleaning Equipment Hire #2) Ground is obviously not a good choice.
The advantages of engineered wood floor is often termed manufactured parquet is in the act are created in a way that the common issues that frequently arise in strong wood including devaluation and bending does not occur, how a engineering method coating where the layers of wood installed with hemp direction opposite to each other layers, the most effective layer consists of venner (layers of wood).