Handhand (hand),USA pronunciation n.
- the terminal, prehensile part of the upper limb in humans and other primates, consisting of the wrist, metacarpal area, fingers, and thumb.
- the corresponding part of the forelimb in any of the higher vertebrates.
- a terminal prehensile part, as the chela of a crustacean, or, in falconry, the foot of a falcon.
- something resembling a hand in shape or function, as various types of pointers: the hands of a clock.
- index (def. 8).
- a person employed in manual labor or for general duties;
laborer: a factory hand; a ranch hand.
- a person who performs or is capable of performing a specific work, skill, or action: a real hand at geometry.
characteristic touch: a painting that shows a master's hand.
- a person, with reference to ability or skill: He was a poor hand at running a business.
- a member of a ship's crew: All hands on deck!
- Often, hands. possession or power;
control, custody, or care: to have someone's fate in one's hands.
- a position, esp. one of control, used for bargaining, negotiating, etc.: an action to strengthen one's hand.
- means, agency;
instrumentality: death by his own hand.
active participation or cooperation: Give me a hand with this ladder.
direction: no traffic on either hand of the road.
- style of handwriting;
penmanship: She wrote in a beautiful hand.
- a person's signature: to set one's hand to a document.
- a round or outburst of applause for a performer: to get a hand.
- a promise or pledge, as of marriage: He asked for her hand in marriage.
- a linear measure equal to 4 inches (10.2 centimeters), used esp. in determining the height of horses.
- the cards dealt to or held by each player at one time.
- the person holding the cards.
- a single part of a game, in which all the cards dealt at one time are played.
- [Roman Law.]manus (def. 2).
- hands, [Manège.]skill at manipulating the reins of a horse: To ride well, one must have good hands.
- a bunch, cluster, or bundle of various leaves, fruit, etc., as a bundle of tobacco leaves tied together or a cluster of bananas.
- [Mach.]the deviation of a thread or tooth from the axial direction of a screw or gear, as seen from one end looking away toward the other.
- the position of the hinges of a door, in terms of right and left, as seen from outside the building, room, closet, etc., to which the doorway leads.
- the position of the hinges of a casement sash, in terms of right and left, from inside the window.
- Also called handle. the fabric properties that can be sensed by touching the material, as resilience, smoothness, or body: the smooth hand of satin.
- [Archaic.]a person considered as a source, as of information or of supply.
- at first hand, firsthand (def. 1).
- at hand:
- within reach;
- near in time;
- ready for use: We keep a supply of canned goods at hand.
- at second hand, See second hand (def. 3).
- at the hand or hands of, by the action of;
through the agency of: They suffered at the hands of their stepfather.
- by hand, by using the hands, as opposed to machines;
manually: lace made by hand.
- change hands, to pass from one owner to another;
change possession: The property has changed hands several times in recent years.
- come to hand:
- to come within one's reach or notice.
- to be received;
arrive: The spring stock came to hand last week.
- eat out of one's hand, to be totally submissive to another;
be very attentive or servile: That spoiled brat has her parents eating out of her hand.
- force one's hand, to prompt a person to take immediate action or to reveal his or her intentions: The criticism forced the governor's hand so that he had to declare his support of the tax bill.
- from hand to hand, from one person to another;
through successive ownership or possession: The legendary jewel went from hand to hand.
- from hand to mouth, improvidently;
with nothing in reserve: They looked forward to a time when they would no longer have to live from hand to mouth.
- give one's hand on or upon, to give one's word;
seal a bargain by or as if by shaking hands: He said the goods would be delivered within a month and gave them his hand on it.
- hand and foot:
- so as to hinder movement: They tied him hand and foot.
- slavishly and continually: Cinderella had to wait on her stepsisters hand and foot.
- hand and glove, very intimately associated: Several high-ranking diplomats were found to be hand and glove with enemy agents.Also, hand in glove.
- hand in hand:
- with one's hand enclasped in that of another person.
- closely associated;
conjointly: Doctors and nurses work hand in hand to save lives.
- hand over fist, speedily;
increasingly: He owns a chain of restaurants and makes money hand over fist.
- hands down:
easily: He won the championship hands down.
incontestably: It was hands down the best race I've ever seen.
- hands off! don't touch, strike, or interfere! keep away from!: Hands off my stereo!
- hands up! hold your hands above your head! give up!
- hand to hand, in direct combat;
at close quarters: The troops fought hand to hand.
- have a hand in, to have a share in;
participate in: It is impossible that she could have had a hand in this notorious crime.
- have one's hands full, to have a large or excessive amount of work to handle;
be constantly busy: The personnel department has its hands full trying to process the growing number of applications.
- hold hands, to join hands with another person as a token of affection: They have been seen holding hands in public.
- in hand:
- under control: He kept the situation well in hand.
- in one's possession: cash in hand.
- in the process of consideration or settlement: regarding the matter in hand.
- join hands, to unite in a common cause;
combine: The democracies must join hands in order to survive.
- keep one's hand in, to continue to practice: He turned the business over to his sons, but he keeps his hand in it. I just play enough golf to keep my hand in.
- lay one's hands on:
- to obtain;
acquire: I wish I could lay my hands on a good used piano.
- to seize, esp. in order to punish: He wanted to lay his hands on the person who had backed into his car.
- to impose the hands in a ceremonial fashion, as in ordination: The bishop laid hands on the candidates.
- lend or give a hand, to lend assistance;
help out: Lend a hand and we'll finish the job in no time.
- lift a hand, to exert any effort: She wouldn't lift a hand to help anyone.Also, lift a finger.
- off one's hands:
- out of one's charge or care: Now, with their children grown and off their hands, they will be free to travel.
- successfully completed;
finished: The lawyer planned a vacation as soon as the case was off his hands.
- on all hands:
- by everyone;
universally: It was decided on all hands to take an excursion.
- on every side;
all around: piercing glances on all hands.Also, on every hand.
- on hand:
- in one's possession;
at one's disposal: cash on hand.
- about to occur;
imminent: A change of government may be on hand.
- present: There were not enough members on hand to constitute a quorum.
- on or upon one's hands, under one's care or management;
as one's responsibility: He was left with a large surplus on his hands.
- on the other hand, from another side or aspect;
conversely: Itwas an unfortunate experience, but, on the other hand, one can learn from one's mistakes.
- out of hand:
- beyond control: to let one's temper get out of hand.
- without delay;
at once: The crisis obliged him to act out of hand.
- no longer in process;
finished: The case has been out of hand for some time.
- without consideration or deliberation: to reject a proposal out of hand.
- shake hands, to clasp another's hand in greeting, congratulation, or agreement: They shook hands on the proposed partnership.
- show one's hand, to disclose or display one's true intentions or motives: The impending revolution forced him to show his hand.
- sit on one's hands:
- to be unenthusiastic or unappreciative;
fail to applaud: It was a lively show, but the audience sat on its hands.
- to take no action;
be passive or hesitant: While he was being beaten, the others sat on their hands.
- take a hand in, to take part in;
participate in: If the strike continues, the government will have to take a hand in the negotiations.
- take in hand:
- to undertake responsibility for;
assume charge: When both parents died, an uncle took the youngster in hand.
- to deal with;
treat of: We'll take the matter in hand at the next meeting.
- throw up one's hands, to admit one's inadequacy, exasperation, or failure;
despair: When the general received reports of an enemy build-up, he threw up his hands.
- tie one's hands, to render one powerless to act;
thwart: The provisions of the will tied his hands.Also, have one's hands tied.
- tip one's hand, to reveal one's plans or intentions before the propitious time.
- to hand:
- within reach;
accessible or nearby.
- into one's possession: A search of the attic brought some valuable antiques to hand.
- try one's hand (at), to test one's skill or aptitude for: After becoming a successful painter, he decided to try his hand at sculpture.
- turn or put one's hand to, to set to work at;
busy oneself with: He turned his hand successfully to gardening.
- wash one's hands of, to disclaim any further responsibility for;
renounce interest in or support of: I washed my hands of the entire affair.
- with a heavy hand:
- with severity;
oppressively: The law will punish offenders with a heavy hand.
- in a clumsy manner;
gracelessly: The play was directed with a heavy hand.
- with a high hand, in an arrogant or dictatorial manner;
arbitrarily: He ran the organization with a high hand.
- to deliver or pass with or as if with the hand.
- to help, assist, guide, etc., with the hand: He handed the elderly woman across the street.
- to take in or furl (a sail).
- to haul on or otherwise handle.
- hand down:
- to deliver (the decision of a court): The jury handed down a verdict of guilty.
- to transmit from one to another, esp. to bequeath to posterity: The ring had been handed down from her grandmother.
- hand in, to submit;
present for acceptance: She handed in her term paper after the deadline.
- hand in one's checks, [Chiefly Brit.]See cash (def. 7).
- hand it to, [Informal.]to give just credit to;
pay respect to: You have to hand it to her for getting the work out.
- hand off, [Football.]to hand the ball to a member of one's team in the course of a play.
- hand on, to transmit;
pass on to a successor, posterity, etc.: The silver service was handed on to the eldest daughter of the family.
- hand out, to give or distribute;
pass out: People were handing out leaflets on every corner.
- hand over:
- to deliver into the custody of another.
- to surrender control of: He handed over his business to his children.
- of, belonging to, using, or used by the hand.
- made by hand.
- carried in or worn on the hand.
- operated by hand;
IndianIn•di•an (in′dē ən),USA pronunciation n.
- Also called American Indian, Amerind, Amerindian, Native American. a member of the aboriginal people of America or of any of the aboriginal North or South American stocks, usually excluding the Eskimos.
- any of the indigenous languages of the American Indians. Abbr.: Ind
- a member of any of the peoples native to or inhabiting India or the East Indies.
- a citizen of the Republic of India.
- [Slang.]a person who performs a required task or carries out the instructions of superiors: We have too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
- the constellation Indus.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the American Indians or their languages.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of India or the East Indies.
- made of Indian corn: Indian meal.
- [Zoogeog.]oriental (def. 3).
- [Phytogeog.]belonging or pertaining to a geographical division comprising India south of the Himalayas, and Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Screenscreen (skrēn),USA pronunciation n.
- a movable or fixed device, usually consisting of a covered frame, that provides shelter, serves as a partition, etc.
- a permanent, usually ornamental partition, as around the choir of a church or across the hall of a medieval house.
- a specially prepared, light-reflecting surface on which motion pictures, slides, etc., may be projected.
- motion pictures collectively or the motion-picture industry.
- the external surface of the large end of a cathode-ray tube of a television set, radar receiver, etc., on which an electronically created picture or image is formed.
- Also called video screen. the portion of a terminal or monitor upon which information is displayed.
- frame (def. 10).
- anything that shelters, protects, or conceals: a screen of secrecy; A screen of fog prevented our seeing the ship.
- a frame holding a mesh of wire, cloth, or plastic, for placing in a window or doorway, around a porch, etc., to admit air but exclude insects.
- a sieve, riddle, or other meshlike device used to separate smaller particles or objects from larger ones, as for grain or sand.
- a system for screening or grouping people, objects, etc.
- a body of troops sent out to protect the movement of an army.
- [Navy.]a protective formation of small vessels, as destroyers, around or in front of a larger ship or ships.
- a shield designed to prevent interference between various agencies: electric screen.
- See screen grid.
- a plate of ground glass or the like on which the image is brought into focus in a camera before being photographed.
- [Photoengraving.]a transparent plate containing two sets of fine parallel lines, one crossing the other, used in the halftone process.
- any of various offensive plays in which teammates form a protective formation around the ball carrier, pass receiver, shooter, etc.
- any of various defensive plays in which teammates conceal or block an opposing ball carrier, pass receiver, shooter, or the goal, basket, net, etc., itself.
- to shelter, protect, or conceal with or as if with a screen.
- to select, reject, consider, or group (people, objects, ideas, etc.) by examining systematically: Job applicants were screened by the personnel department.
- to provide with a screen or screens to exclude insects: He screened the porch so they could enjoy sitting out on summer evenings.
- to sift or sort by passing through a screen.
- to project (a motion picture, slide, etc.) on a screen.
- [Motion Pictures.]
- to show (a motion picture), esp. to an invited audience, as of exhibitors and critics.
- to photograph with a motion-picture camera;
- to adapt (a story, play, etc.) for presentation as a motion picture.
- to lighten (type or areas of a line engraving) by etching a regular pattern of dots or lines into the printing surface.
- to be projected on a motion-picture screen.
Roomroom (ro̅o̅m, rŏŏm),USA pronunciation n.
- a portion of space within a building or other structure, separated by walls or partitions from other parts: a dining room.
- rooms, lodgings or quarters, as in a house or building.
- the persons present in a room: The whole room laughed.
- space or extent of space occupied by or available for something: The desk takes up too much room.
- opportunity or scope for something: room for improvement; room for doubt.
- status or a station in life considered as a place: He fought for room at the top.
- capacity: Her brain had no room for trivia.
- a working area cut between pillars.
- to occupy a room or rooms;
Dividerdi•vid•er (di vī′dər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person or thing that divides.
- dividers, a pair of compasses, as used for dividing lines, measuring, etc.
- a partition between two areas or dividing one area into two, as a piece of cardboard in a box or a bookcase jutting out from a wall.
- See room divider.
Brownbrown (broun),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v.
- a dark tertiary color with a yellowish or reddish hue.
- a person whose skin has a dusky or light-brown pigmentation.
- of the color brown.
- (of animals) having skin, fur, hair, or feathers of that color.
- sunburned or tanned.
- (of persons) having the skin naturally pigmented a brown color.
- do it up brown, [Informal.]to do thoroughly: When they entertain, they really do it up brown.
brown′ish, brown′y, adj.
- to make or become brown.
- to fry, sauté, or scorch slightly in cooking: to brown onions before adding them to the stew. The potatoes browned in the pan.
- browned off, [Slang.]angry;
- brown out, to subject to a brownout: The power failure browned out the southern half of the state.
Hello , this post is about Hand Carved Indian Partition Screen Room Divider Brown ( Carved Room Divider #3). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 592 x 592. It's file size is just 67 KB. If You ought to download It to Your computer, you may Click here. You could also see more attachments by clicking the image below or see more at this post: Carved Room Divider.
Carved Room Divider style like no death, several concept of kitchen. Particularly for small households who reside in downtown settings, the present day strategy not merely make the kitchen look appealing but in addition makes cooking much more easy food. The initial visits of concept kitchen is furnished cooking program. When the conventional home can not be divided in the heater, the present day design is very much linked with hightech furnishings. A number of the furniture we suggest, and ricecooker, gas-stove, refrigerator, oven, mixer, others, dispensers, mixers.
So that it makes the atmosphere of the activity that-much more fulfilling, structuring all of this equipment may be established. Next is just a separate section of the kitchen home that is filthy and clean. Although it is named a dirty kitchen, bedroom hygiene remains the top. The word disgusting arise since in this portion is just a food-processing cleaning furniture simultaneously fresh. So the space is more likely to break apart.
Types are placed on take care of crowded circumstances place since the average present of every household have a modern house. The present day kitchen was created to improve the modern idea of your kitchen have a thin discipline. Who affirms having a Hand Carved Indian Partition Screen Room Divider Brown ( Carved Room Divider #3) that cannot be converted into akitchen of one's desires? It's precisely this challenge features a little home is really as special that you can we have to be imaginative today, to display the present day kitchen contemporary like modern houses.
The present day kitchen carries a contemporary kitchen principle to have the thin property on your own kitchen across. This idea gives with regards to a modern kitchen with contemporary furniture installment, thus make your home seem more modern and simple to use. Even as we understand, home layout that is contemporary today has become popular one of the people.
Alternatively, a display is served like by Hand Carved Indian Partition Screen Room Divider Brown ( Carved Room Divider #3). Drink and all food prepared collected below first, and then delivered to the stand. Kitchen clear can also be commonly used to make basic meals, such as fried eggs bread, juicing, and boil the noodles. There are occasions once the room can be termed the kitchen is created in to the dining room.
There's an extensive range of modern home design motivation using a modern-style as you are able to emulate. Different contemporary home design can be seen in net references and a variety of produce advertising. Moreover, many of these tips can also attempt to produce a modern kitchen contemporary charming