7 photos of Nice Off Duty Officers #1 More Than 30,000 Officers At The Metropolitan Police Are Being Polled On Their Views Over Being
Nicenice (nīs),USA pronunciation adj., nic•er, nic•est.
delightful: a nice visit.
- amiably pleasant;
kind: They are always nice to strangers.
- characterized by, showing, or requiring great accuracy, precision, skill, tact, care, or delicacy: nice workmanship; a nice shot; a nice handling of a crisis.
- showing or indicating very small differences;
minutely accurate, as instruments: a job that requires nice measurements.
- minute, fine, or subtle: a nice distinction.
- having or showing delicate, accurate perception: a nice sense of color.
- refined in manners, language, etc.: Nice people wouldn't do such things.
decorous: a nice girl.
- suitable or proper: That was not a nice remark.
- carefully neat in dress, habits, etc.
- (esp. of food) dainty or delicate.
- having fastidious, finicky, or fussy tastes: They're much too nice in their dining habits to enjoy an outdoor barbecue.
- [Obs.]coy, shy, or reluctant.
- make nice, to behave in a friendly, ingratiating, or conciliatory manner.
- nice and, sufficiently: It's nice and warm in here.nice′ly, adv.
Offoff (ôf, of ),USA pronunciation adv.
- so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
- so as to be no longer covering or enclosing: to take a hat off; to take the wrapping off.
- away from a place: to run off; to look off toward the west.
- away from a path, course, etc.;
aside: This road branches off to Grove City.
- so as to be away or on one's way: to start off early; to cast off.
- away from what is considered normal, regular, standard, or the like: to go off on a tangent.
- from a charge or price: He took 10 percent off for all cash purchases.
- at a distance in space or future time: to back off a few feet; Summer is only a week off.
- out of operation or effective existence: Turn the lights off.
- into operation or action: The alarm goes off at noon.
- so as to interrupt continuity or cause discontinuance: Negotiations have been broken off.
- in absence from work, service, a job, etc.: two days off at Christmas.
utterly: to kill off all the inhabitants.
- with prompt or ready performance: to dash a letter off.
- to fulfillment, or into execution or effect: The contest came off on the appointed day.
- into nonexistence or nothingness: My headache passed off soon.
- so as to be delineated, divided, or apportioned: Mark it off into equal parts.
- away from a state of consciousness: I must have dozed off.
- away from the land, a ship, the wind, etc.
- get it off. See get (def. 45).
- get off on. See get (def. 49).
- off and on:
- Also, on and off. with intervals between;
intermittently: to work off and on.
- on alternate tacks.
- off with:
- take away;
remove: Off with those muddy boots before you step into this kitchen!
- cut off: Off with his head!
- so as no longer to be supported by, attached to, on, resting on, or unified with: Take your feet off the table! Break a piece of bread off the loaf.
- deviating from: off balance; off course.
- below or less than the usual or expected level or standard: 20 percent off the marked price; I was off my golf game.
- away, disengaged, or resting from: to be off duty on Tuesdays.
- [Informal.]refraining or abstaining from;
denying oneself the pleasure, company, practice, etc., of: He's off gambling.
- away from;
apart or distant from: a village off the main road.
- leading into or away from: an alley off 12th Street.
- not fixed on or directed toward, as the gaze, eyes, etc.: Their eyes weren't off the king for a moment.
- from (a specified source): I bought it off a street vendor.
- from or of, indicating material or component parts: to lunch off cheese and fruit.
- from or by such means or use of: living off an inheritance; living off his parents.
- at some distance to seaward of: off Cape Hatteras.
- off of, [Informal.]off: Take your feet off of the table!
- in error;
wrong: You are off on that point.
- slightly abnormal or not quite sane: He is a little off, but he's really harmless.
- not up to standard;
not so good or satisfactory as usual;
inferior or subnormal: a good play full of off moments.
- no longer in effect, in operation, or in process: The agreement is off.
- stopped from flowing, as by the closing of a valve: The electricity is off.
- in a specified state, circumstance, etc.: to be badly off for money.
- (of time) free from work or duty;
nonworking: a pastime for one's off hours.
- not working at one's usual occupation: We're off Wednesdays during the summer.
- of less than the ordinary activity, liveliness, or lively interest;
slack: an off season in the tourist trade.
doubtful: on the off chance that we'd find her at home.
- more distant;
farther: the off side of a wall.
- (of a vehicle, single animal, or pair of animals hitched side by side) of, being, or pertaining to the right as seen from the rider's or driver's viewpoint (opposed to near): the off horse; the off side.
- starting on one's way;
leaving: I'm off to Europe on Monday. They're off and running in the third race at Aqueduct.
- lower in price or value;
down: Stock prices were off this morning.
- noting one of two like things that is the farther from the shore;
seaward: the off side of the ship.
- [Cricket.]noting or pertaining to that side of the wicket or of the field opposite that on which the batsman stands.
- the state or fact of being off.
- [Cricket.]the off side.
- to go off or away;
leave (used imperatively): Off, and don't come back!
- to kill;
Dutydu•ty (do̅o̅′tē, dyo̅o̅′-),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ties.
- something that one is expected or required to do by moral or legal obligation.
- the binding or obligatory force of something that is morally or legally right;
moral or legal obligation.
- an action or task required by a person's position or occupation;
function: the duties of a clergyman.
- the respectful and obedient conduct due a parent, superior, elder, etc.
- an act or expression of respect.
- a task or chore that a person is expected to perform: It's your duty to do the dishes.
- an assigned task, occupation, or place of service: He was on radar duty for two years.
- the military service required of a citizen by a country: After graduation, he began his duty.
- [Com.]a specific or ad valorem tax imposed by law on the import or export of goods.
- a payment, service, etc., imposed and enforceable by law or custom.
- [Chiefly Brit.]tax: income duty.
- the amount of work done by an engine per unit amount of fuel consumed.
- the measure of effectiveness of any machine.
- the amount of water necessary to provide for the crop in a given area.
- [Baby Talk.]bowel movement.
- do duty, to serve the same function;
substitute for: bookcases that do duty as room dividers.
- off duty, not at one's post or work;
at liberty: They spent their days off duty in hiking and fishing.
- on duty, at one's post or work;
engaged: He was suspended from the force for being drunk while on duty.
Moremore (môr, mōr),USA pronunciation adj., [compar. of] much [or]many [with]most [as superl.]
- in greater quantity, amount, measure, degree, or number: I need more money.
- additional or further: Do you need more time? More discussion seems pointless.
- an additional quantity, amount, or number: I would give you more if I had it. He likes her all the more. When I could take no more of such nonsense, I left.
- a greater quantity, amount, or degree: More is expected of him. The price is more than I thought.
- something of greater importance: His report is more than a survey.
- (used with a pl. v.) a greater number of a class specified, or the greater number of persons: More will attend this year than ever before.
adv. [compar. of much with most as superl.]
- in or to a greater extent or degree (in this sense often used before adjectives and adverbs, and regularly before those of more than two syllables, to form comparative phrases having the same force and effect as the comparative degree formed by the termination -er): more interesting; more slowly.
- in addition;
again: Let's talk more another time. We couldn't stand it any more.
- more and more, to an increasing extent or degree;
gradually more: They became involved more and more in stock speculation.
- more or less:
- to some extent;
somewhat: She seemed more or less familiar with the subject.
approximately: We came to more or less the same conclusion.
Atat1 (at; unstressed ət, it),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate a point or place occupied in space);
in, on, or near: to stand at the door; at the bottom of the barrel.
- (used to indicate a location or position, as in time, on a scale, or in order): at zero; at age 65; at the end; at the lowest point.
- (used to indicate presence or location): at home; at hand.
- (used to indicate amount, degree, or rate): at great speed; at high altitudes.
- (used to indicate a direction, goal, or objective);
toward: Aim at the mark. Look at that.
- (used to indicate occupation or involvement): at work; at play.
- (used to indicate a state or condition): at ease; at peace.
- (used to indicate a cause or source): She was annoyed at his stupidity.
- (used to indicate a method or manner): He spoke at length.
- (used to indicate relative quality or value): at one's best; at cost.
- be at (someone), to be sexually aggressive toward (a person): She's pregnant again because he's at her morning, noon, and night.
- where it's at, [Informal.]the place where the most interesting or exciting things happen: Emma says that Rome is definitely where it's at now.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Policepo•lice (pə lēs′),USA pronunciation n., v., -liced, -lic•ing.
- Also called police force. an organized civil force for maintaining order, preventing and detecting crime, and enforcing the laws.
- (used with a pl. v.) members of such a force: Several police are patrolling the neighborhood.
- the regulation and control of a community, esp. for the maintenance of public order, safety, health, morals, etc.
- the department of the government concerned with this, esp. with the maintenance of order.
- any body of people officially maintained or employed to keep order, enforce regulations, etc.
- people who seek to regulate a specified activity, practice, etc.: the language police.
- (in the U.S. Army)
- the cleaning and keeping clean of a camp, post, station, etc.
- the condition of a camp, post, station, etc., with reference to cleanliness.
- to regulate, control, or keep in order by or as if by means of police.
- to clean and keep clean (a camp, post, etc.)
Areare1 (är; unstressed ər),USA pronunciation v.
pres. indic. pl. and 2nd pers. sing. of be.
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Overo•ver (ō′vər),USA pronunciation prep.
- above in place or position: the roof over one's head.
- above and to the other side of: to leap over a wall.
- above in authority, rank, power, etc., so as to govern, control, or have jurisdiction regarding: There is no one over her in the department now.
- so as to rest on or cover;
on or upon: Throw a sheet over the bed.
- on or upon, so as to cause an apparent change in one's mood, attitude, etc.: I can't imagine what has come over her.
- on or on top of: to hit someone over the head.
- here and there on or in;
about: at various places over the country.
- through all parts of;
all through: to roam over the estate; to show someone over the house.
- to and fro on or in;
throughout: to travel all over Europe.
- from one side to the other of;
to the other side of;
across: to go over a bridge.
- on the other side of;
across: lands over the sea.
- reaching higher than, so as to submerge: The water is over his shoulders.
- in excess of;
more than: over a mile; not over five dollars.
- above in degree, quantity, etc.: a big improvement over last year's turnout.
- in preference to: chosen over another applicant.
- throughout the length of: The message was sent over a great distance.
- until after the end of: to adjourn over the holidays.
- throughout the duration of: over a long period of years.
- in reference to, concerning, or about: to quarrel over a matter.
- while engaged in or occupied with: to fall asleep over one's work.
by means of: He told me over the phone. I heard it over the radio.
- over and above, in addition to;
besides: a profit over and above what they had anticipated.
- over the hill. See hill (def. 8).
- beyond the top or upper surface or edge of something: a roof that hangs over.
- so as to cover the surface, or affect the whole surface: The furniture was covered over with dust.
- through a region, area, etc.: He was known the world over.
- at some distance, as in a direction indicated: They live over by the hill.
- from side to side;
to the other side: to sail over.
- across an intervening space: Toss the ball over, will you?
- across or beyond the edge or rim: The soup boiled over. The bathtub ran over.
- from beginning to end;
throughout: to read a paper over; Think it over.
- from one person, party, etc., to another: Hand the money over. He made the property over to his brother.
- on the other side, as of a sea, a river, or any space: over in Japan.
- so as to displace from an upright position: to knock over a glass of milk.
- so as to put in the reversed position: She turned the bottle over. The dog rolled over.
- once more;
again: Do the work over.
- in repetition or succession: twenty times over.
- in excess or addition: to pay the full sum and something over.
- in excess of or beyond a certain amount: Five goes into seven once, with two over.
- throughout or beyond a period of time: to stay over till Monday.
- to one's residence, office, or the like: Why don't you come over for lunch?
- so as to reach a place across an intervening space, body of water, etc.: Her ancestors came over on theMayflower
- all over:
- over the entire surface of;
everywhere: material printed all over with a floral design.
- finished: The war was all over and the soldiers came home.
- all over with, ended;
finished: It seemed miraculous that the feud was all over with.
- over again, in repetition;
once more: The director had the choir sing one passage over again.
- over against. See against (def. 12).
- over and over, several times;
repeatedly: They played the same record over and over.
- over there, [Informal.](in the U.S. during and after World War I) in or to Europe: Many of the boys who went over there never came back.
- over with, finished or done: Let's get this thing over with, so that we don't have to worry about it any more.
- higher in authority, station, etc.
- serving, or intended to serve, as an outer covering;
- remaining or additional, surplus;
- too great;
excessive (usually used in combination): Insufficient tact and overaggressiveness are two of his problems.
past: when the war was over.
- an amount in excess or addition;
- a shot that strikes or bursts beyond the target.
- the number of balls, usually six, delivered between successive changes of bowlers.
- the part of the game played between such changes.
- to go or get over;
- [Southern U.S.]to recover from.
- (used in radio communications to signify that the sender has temporarily finished transmitting and is awaiting a reply or acknowledgment.) Cf. out (def. 61).
Hello guys, this post is about Nice Off Duty Officers #1 More Than 30,000 Officers At The Metropolitan Police Are Being Polled On Their Views Over Being. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 558 x 596. This image's file size is just 87 KB. Wether You decided to download This picture to Your computer, you may Click here. You may too download more attachments by clicking the photo below or see more at here: Off Duty Officers.
The country needs a cabinet in four seasons is different from you who resided in a nation that is tropical with just two conditions. Indeed, timber cupboards seem more lovely and cool. But, if-not the main quality, not wood that is resilient cupboards, particularly experiencing insect invasion. Therefore, plastic-type units will make alternative first. Simply select thick in order and good-quality supplies not quickly peeled off.
To stay brand with all the room's ailments, choose a colour cupboards that fit the bedroom's color and layout. Ensure that the cabinet's color can also be suitable for several of the additional furnishings within the room. Probably, a simple shade can be chosen by you. Since the coloring that is simple is protected to combine and fit with something. Make certain the Tall's design Garden Furniture fits the room's items. the cabinet should also unsightly, although yes, as the dilemma isn't without having to bistro merely healthy.
Currently, in addition to available high wardrobe with upto almost reach the limit, additionally there are tiny. But, whatever the selection, ensure that your chosen dresser and harmoniously fit in the room. Price is the last-place that really needs to become considered for Nice Off Duty Officers #1 More Than 30,000 Officers At The Metropolitan Police Are Being Polled On Their Views Over Being. For that, it helps the budget cabinet has been included of moving-house or apartment in the calculated price. Please acquire if it's ample for the finances. However, if not, you need to seek out choices.