Whatwhat (hwut, hwot, wut, wot; unstressed hwət, wət),USA pronunciation pron.
- (used interrogatively as a request for specific information): What is the matter?
- (used interrogatively to inquire about the character, occupation, etc., of a person): What does he do?
- (used interrogatively to inquire as to the origin, identity, etc., of something): What are those birds?
- (used interrogatively to inquire as to the worth, usefulness, force, or importance of something): What is wealth without friends?
- (used interrogatively to request a repetition of words or information not fully understood, usually used in elliptical constructions): You need what?
- (used interrogatively to inquire the reason or purpose of something, usually used in elliptical constructions): What of it?
- how much?: What does it cost?
- (used relatively to indicate that which): I will send what was promised.
anything that: Say what you please. Come what may.
- the kind of thing or person that: He said what everyone expected he would. They are just what I was expecting.
- as much as;
as many as: We should each give what we can.
- the thing or fact that (used in parenthetic clauses): He went to the meeting and, what was worse, insisted on speaking.
- (used to indicate more to follow, additional possibilities, alternatives, etc.): You know what? Shall we go or what?
- (used as an intensifier in exclamatory phrases, often fol. by an indefinite article): What luck! What an idea!
- don't you agree?: An unusual chap, what?
who: She's the one what told me.
- Say what? (used esp. among teenagers) What's that you say? Would you repeat that?
- So what? (an expression of disinterest, disinclination, or contempt.)
- what have you, other things of the same kind;
so forth: money, jewels, stocks, and what have you.
- what for:
- why: What are you doing that for?
- a punishment or scolding.
- what if, what would be the outcome if;
suppose that: What if everyone who was invited comes?
- what it takes, something that enables one to achieve success or attain a desired end, as good looks, ability, or money: There's a young woman who has what it takes to get along in the world.
- what's what, the true situation;
all the facts: It's high time you told him what's what.
- the true nature or identity of something, or the sum of its characteristics: a lecture on the whats and hows of crop rotation.
- (used interrogatively before nouns): What news? What clothes shall I pack?
- whatever: Take what supplies you need.
- to what extent or degree? how much?: What does it matter?
- (used to introduce a prepositional phrase beginning with with): What with storms and all, their return was delayed.
- [Obs.]for what reason or purpose? why?
- (used in exclamatory expressions, often fol. by a question): What, no salt?
- [Older Use.]as much as;
as far as: He helps me what he can.
- but what, but that;
who or that … not: Who knows but what the sun may still shine.
Youyou (yo̅o̅; unstressed yŏŏ, yə),USA pronunciation pron., poss. your or yours, obj. you, pl. you;
n., pl. yous.
- the pronoun of the second person singular or plural, used of the person or persons being addressed, in the nominative or objective case: You are the highest bidder. It is you who are to blame. We can't help you. This package came for you. Did she give you the book?
people in general: a tiny animal you can't even see.
- (used in apposition with the subject of a sentence, sometimes repeated for emphasis following the subject): You children pay attention. You rascal, you!
- [Informal.](used in place of the pronoun your before a gerund): There's no sense in you getting upset.
yourselves: Get you home. Make you ready.
- a pl. form of the pronoun ye.
- something or someone closely identified with or resembling the person addressed: Don't buy the bright red shirt—it just isn't you. It was like seeing another you.
- the nature or character of the person addressed: Try to discover the hidden you.
Needneed (nēd),USA pronunciation n.
- a requirement, necessary duty, or obligation: There is no need for you to go there.
- a lack of something wanted or deemed necessary: to fulfill the needs of the assignment.
- urgent want, as of something requisite: He has no need of your charity.
- necessity arising from the circumstances of a situation or case: There is no need to worry.
- a situation or time of difficulty;
exigency: to help a friend in need; to be a friend in need.
- a condition marked by the lack of something requisite: the need for leadership.
extreme poverty: The family's need is acute.
- if need be, should the necessity arise: If need be, I can type the letters myself.
- to have need of;
require: to need money.
- to be under an obligation (used as an auxiliary, typically in an interrogative or in a negative statement, and fol. by infinitive, in certain cases without to;
in the 3d pers. sing. the form is need, not needs): He need not go.
- to be in need or want.
- to be necessary: There needs no apology.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Makemake1 (māk),USA pronunciation v., made, mak•ing, n.
- to bring into existence by shaping or changing material, combining parts, etc.: to make a dress; to make a channel; to make a work of art.
- to produce;
cause to exist or happen;
bring about: to make trouble; to make war.
- to cause to be or become;
render: to make someone happy.
- to appoint or name: The President made her his special envoy.
- to put in the proper condition or state, as for use;
prepare: to make a bed; to make dinner.
- to bring into a certain form: to make bricks out of clay.
- to convert from one state, condition, category, etc., to another: to make a virtue of one's vices.
- to cause, induce, or compel: to make a horse jump a barrier.
- to give rise to;
occasion: It's not worth making a fuss over such a trifle.
- to produce, earn, or win for oneself: to make a good salary; to make one's fortune in oil.
- to write or compose: to make a short poem for the occasion.
- to draw up, as a legal document;
draft: to make a will.
- to do;
effect: to make a bargain.
- to establish or enact;
put into existence: to make laws.
- to become by development;
prove to be: You'll make a good lawyer.
- to form in the mind, as a judgment or estimate: to make a decision.
- to judge or interpret, as to the truth, nature, meaning, etc. (often fol. by of ): What do you make of it?
- to estimate;
reckon: to make the distance at ten miles.
- to bring together separate parts so as to produce a whole;
form: to make a matched set.
- to amount to;
bring up the total to: Two plus two makes four. That makes an even dozen.
- to serve as: to make good reading.
- to be sufficient to constitute: One story does not make a writer.
- to be adequate or suitable for: This wool will make a warm sweater.
- to assure the success or fortune of: a deal that could make or break him; Seeing her made my day.
- to deliver, utter, or put forth: to make a stirring speech.
- to go or travel at a particular speed: to make 60 miles an hour.
- to arrive at or reach;
attain: The ship made port on Friday. Do you think he'll make 80?
- to arrive in time for: to make the first show.
- to arrive in time to be a passenger on (a plane, boat, bus, train, etc.): If you hurry, you can make the next flight.
- to gain or acquire a position within: He made the big time.
- to receive mention or appear in or on: The robbery made the front page.
- to gain recognition or honor by winning a place or being chosen for inclusion in or on: The novel made the bestseller list. He made the all-American team three years in a row.
- to have sexual intercourse with.
- to name (the trump).
- to take a trick with (a card).
- [Bridge.]to fulfill or achieve (a contract or bid).
- to shuffle (the cards).
- to earn, as a score: The team made 40 points in the first half.
- (esp. in police and underworld use)
- to recognize or identify: Any cop in town will make you as soon as you walk down the street.
- to charge or cause to be charged with a crime: The police expect to make a couple of suspects soon.
- to close (an electric circuit).
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.]to plant and cultivate or produce (a crop): He makes some of the best corn in the country.
- to cause oneself, or something understood, to be as specified: to make sure.
- to show oneself to be or seem in action or behavior (usually fol. by an adjective): to make merry.
- to be made, as specified: This fabric makes up into beautiful drapes.
- to move or proceed in a particular direction: They made after the thief.
- to rise, as the tide or water in a ship.
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.](of a crop) to grow, develop, or mature: It looks like the corn's going to make pretty good this year.
- make a play for, to try to get: He made a play for his brother's girlfriend. They made a play for control of the company's stock.
- make as if or as though, [Informal.]to act as if;
pretend: We will make as if to leave, then come back and surprise him.
- make away with:
- to steal: The clerk made away with the cash and checks.
- to destroy;
kill: He made away with his enemies.
- to get rid of.
- to consume, drink, or eat completely: The boys made away with the contents of the refrigerator.
- make believe, to pretend;
imagine: The little girl dressed in a sheet and made believe she was a ghost.
- make bold or so bold, to have the temerity;
be so rash;
dare: May I make so bold as to suggest that you stand when they enter?
- make book, [Slang.]
- to take bets and give odds.
- to make a business of this.
- make colors, to hoist an ensign, as on board a warship.
- make do, to function, manage, or operate, usually on a deprivation level with minimal requirements: During the war we had no butter or coffee, so we had to make do without them.
- make down, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to rain or snow: It's making down hard.
- make fast, [Chiefly Naut.]to fasten or secure.
- make for:
- to go toward;
approach: to make for home.
- to lunge at;
- to help to promote or maintain: This incident will not make for better understanding between the warring factions.
- make good:
- to provide restitution or reparation for: The bank teller made good the shortage and was given a light sentence.
- to succeed: Talent and training are necessary to make good in some fields.
- to fulfill: He made good on his promise.
- [Navig.]to compute (a course) allowing for leeway and compass deviation.
- make heavy weather:
- to roll and pitch in heavy seas.
- to progress laboriously;
struggle, esp. to struggle needlessly: I am making heavy weather with my income tax return.
- make it:
- to achieve a specific goal: to make it to the train; to make it through college.
- to succeed in general: He'll never make it in business.
- to have sexual intercourse.
- make it so, strike the ship's bell accordingly: said by the officer of the watch when the hour is announced.
- make like, [Informal.]to try or pretend to be like;
imitate: I'm going to go out and make like a gardener.
- make off:
- to run away;
depart hastily: The only witness to the accident made off before the police arrived.
- [Naut.]to stand off from a coast, esp. a lee shore.
- make off with, to carry away;
steal: While the family was away, thieves made off with most of their valuables.
- make on, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn on, light, or ignite (esp. a light or fire): Make the light on.
- make one's manners, [Southern U.S.]
- to perform an appropriate or expected social courtesy.
- [Older Use.]to bow or curtsy.
- make out:
- to write out or complete, as a bill or check.
- to establish;
- to decipher;
- to imply, suggest, or impute: He made me out to be a liar.
- to manage;
succeed: How are you making out in your new job?
- to engage in kissing and caressing;
- to have sexual intercourse.
- [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn off or extinguish (esp. a light or fire): Make the light out.
- make over:
- to remodel;
alter: to make over a dress; to make over a page layout.
- to transfer the title of (property);
convey: After she retired she made over her property to her children and moved to Florida.
- make sail, [Naut.]
- to set sails.
- to brace the yards of a ship that has been hove to in order to make headway.
- make shut, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to close: Make the door shut.
- make time. See time (def. 42).
- make up:
- (of parts) to constitute;
- to put together;
- to concoct;
- Also, make up for. to compensate for;
- to complete.
- to put in order;
arrange: The maid will make up the room.
- to conclude;
- to settle amicably, as differences.
- to become reconciled, as after a quarrel.
- [Print.]to arrange set type, illustrations, etc., into columns or pages.
- to dress in appropriate costume and apply cosmetics for a part on the stage.
- to apply cosmetics.
- to adjust or balance, as accounts;
prepare, as statements.
- to repeat (a course or examination that one has failed).
- to take an examination that one had been unable to take when first given, usually because of absence.
- to specify and indicate the layout or arrangement of (columns, pages, etc., of matter to be printed).
- Atlantic States. (of the weather or clouds) to develop or gather: It's making up for a storm.
- Atlantic States. (of the sea) to become turbulent: If the sea makes up, row toward land.
- make up to:
- to try to become friendly with;
- to make advances to;
flirt with: He makes up to every new woman in the office.
- make water:
- to urinate.
- (of a hull) to leak.
- make with:
- to operate;
use: Let's make with the feet.
- to bring about;
provide or produce: He makes with the big ideas, but can't follow through.
- the style or manner in which something is made;
- production with reference to the maker;
brand: our own make.
- the act or process of making.
- quantity made;
- [Cards.]the act of naming the trump, or the suit named as trump.
- [Elect.]the closing of an electric circuit.
- the excellence of a polished diamond with regard to proportion, symmetry, and finish.
- identifying information about a person or thing from police records: He radioed headquarters for a make on the car's license plate.
- on the make:
- seeking to improve one's social or financial position, usually at the expense of others or of principle.
- seeking amorous or sexual relations: The park was swarming with sailors on the make.
- put the make on, [Slang.]to make sexual overtures to.
Featherfeath•er (feᵺ′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- one of the horny structures forming the principal covering of birds, consisting typically of a hard, tubular portion attached to the body and tapering into a thinner, stemlike portion bearing a series of slender, barbed processes that interlock to form a flat structure on each side.
nature: two boys of the same feather.
- something like a feather, as a tuft or fringe of hair.
- something very light, small, or trivial: Your worry is a mere feather.
- [Archery.]one of the vanes at the tail of an arrow or dart.
- [Carpentry.]a spline for joining the grooved edges of two boards.
- [Masonry.]See under plug and feathers.
- a featherlike flaw, esp. in a precious stone.
- [Mach.]See feather key.
- a feather in one's cap, a praiseworthy accomplishment;
honor: Being chosen class president is a feather in her cap.
- birds of a feather. See bird (def. 12).
- in fine or high feather, in good form, humor, or health: feeling in fine feather.
- ruffle someone's feathers, to anger, upset, or annoy (another person).
- smooth one's ruffled or rumpled feathers, to regain one's composure;
become calm: After the argument, we each retired to our own rooms to smooth our ruffled feathers.
- to provide with feathers, as an arrow.
- to clothe or cover with or as with feathers.
- [Rowing.]to turn (an oar) after a stroke so that the blade becomes nearly horizontal, and hold it thus as it is moved back into position for the next stroke.
- to change the blade angle of (a propeller) so that the chords of the blades are approximately parallel to the line of flight.
- to turn off (an engine) while in flight.
- to grow feathers.
- to be or become feathery in appearance.
- to move like feathers.
- [Rowing.]to feather an oar.
- feather into, [South Midland U.S.]to attack (a person, task, or problem) vigorously.
- feather one's nest, to take advantage of the opportunities to enrich oneself: The mayor had used his term of office to feather his nest.
Howdy there, this attachment is about What You Need To Make Ostrich Feather Centerpieces ( Ostrich Feather Vases #5). This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 728 x 728. This image's file size is just 36 KB. Wether You ought to save It to Your PC, you may Click here. You might too see more pictures by clicking the following image or see more at this post: Ostrich Feather Vases.
To savor the Ostrich Feather Vases's sweetness that you simply develop a park seat in the home needed a nice and inviting. When selecting a playground table some items you should look at, it looks beautiful and working brilliantly. On selecting a playground counter from your home picture, these tips dot com. Tips about Choosing a Ostrich Feather Vases such as:
For those of you who wish to produce a playground table that is permanent, notice the positioning of the positioning rather than to improper placement the bench that may undermine the concept of yard that is minimalist that you generate. Incorporate with benches that one strategy, with lounging yard table.
Select the product couch allweather. For instance, metal content, wooden, teak, metal (ironwood). Design a park bench having a style just like the notion of playground you have. Paint & Films is just a two- content is often found in concluding a park bench. Select paint that's a covering of anti - anti, ultraviolet -mold, and marked go-green, so that the coloring go longer despite sun exposure and recurrent rain.